Bus Service Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday for Ela Township residents who are 55 and older and/or disabled who need transportation for shopping, errands, early showings of movies and hair, doctor and dental appointments.
To schedule a ride, call (847) 438-6677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bus Service Guidelines
- Must schedule rides at least 24 hours in advance.
- Cancellations or changes may be made the same day.
- $2 per one-way trip/$4 round trip/$1 for one additional stop.
- Exact money only. Drivers do not make change.
Hours of Operation
- Reservation line is open 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Fridays.
- Service starts at 8:30 a.m. for general service.
- Riders with appointments should be prepared for pick-up one-hour prior to the scheduled time.
- Appointments should be no earlier than 9:15 a.m.
- General service riders must be back on the bus by 1:30 p.m.
- The last pick-up for doctor, dentist, Good Shepherd appointments, early showings of movies and Barrington and Palatine train service is 3:45 p.m.
There is no bus service on the following township holidays: New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday), Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Please watch for the bus, as the driver can only wait 5 minutes at each stop. Drivers cannot leave the bus to ring your doorbell. Riders are picked up and dropped off at the end of their driveway. Buses do not go up driveways.
Drivers cannot leave the bus to deliver grocery bags. All shoppers should limit their number of bags to five, or as many as they can carry by themselves.