Bus Service Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday for Ela Township residents who are 55 and older and/or disabled who need transportation for shopping, errands, early showings of movies and hair, doctor and dental appointments.
To schedule a ride, call (847) 438-6677 or email email@example.com.
All emails and voice messages will be confirmed during normal business hours.
Bus Service Guidelines
- Must schedule rides at least 24 hours in advance. You cannot call for a ride on the same day as your appointment or requested ride.
- Cancellations or changes may be made the same day.
- $2 per one-way trip/$4 round trip/$1 for one additional stop.
- Exact money only. Drivers do not make change.
Hours of Operation
- Reservation line is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Fridays. Next-day appointments must be requested no later than 3 p.m. on the day before your scheduled ride Monday through Thursday, and no later than 12:30 p.m. on Friday for Monday rides.
- Service starts at 8:30 a.m. for general service (stops with no appointment time).
- All appointments should be scheduled after 9:15 a.m. Riders with appointment times will be picked up within the hour of their scheduled appointment time.
- All riders must be back on the bus by 3:30 p.m.
- Senior Center Bus Schedule: Monday through Friday with pick up at 8:30 a.m. The last ride home is 3:30 p.m.
There is no bus service on the following Township holidays:
- Tuesday, January 1, 2019 – New Year’s Day
- Monday, February 18, 2019 – President’s Day
- Monday, May 27, 2019 – Memorial Day
- Thursday, July 4, 2019 – Independence Day
- Monday, September 2, 2019 – Labor Day
- Thursday, November 28, 2018 – Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 29, 2019 – Day after Thanksgiving
- Tuesday, December 24, 2019 – Christmas Eve
- Wednesday, December 25, 2019 – Christmas Day
Please watch for the bus, as the driver can only wait 5 minutes at each stop. Drivers cannot leave the bus to ring your doorbell. Riders are picked up and dropped off at the end of their driveway. Buses do not go up driveways. Drivers cannot assist riders on and off the bus or help them from the bus indoors.
Drivers cannot leave the bus to deliver grocery bags. All shoppers should limit their number of bags to five, or as many as they can carry by themselves.