Ela Township Employment Opportunities
Ela Township, located in Lake County, Illinois, is accepting applications for candidates interested in serving as its first Township Manager. This individual will be responsible for managing the daily operations such as:
- Implement the Township Board’s policy, programs and vision.
- Serve as Human Resources Officer administering the Township’s policies and procedures and assist with the review and evaluation of employees.
- Assist the Township Administrator with the financial management of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, etc.
- Act as aide to department heads and Township Board in the budget process.
- Assist in developing a 5-year strategic plan.Must be able to establish and maintain effective work relationships with employees and the public, as well as ensure efficient and transparent operations of this governmental unit.
Oversees 4 departments with 23 employees.
REQUIREMENTS: Graduate with bachelor’s degree in public administration or equivalent experience.
Master’s Degree preferred. Candidates with human resources, budget management, and communications experience preferred.
Starting salary is $80K.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Ela Township Supervisor Gloria Palmblad
1155 East Route 22
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
Applications will be accepted through October 11, 2017.