About the Green Electric Aggregation Program
Ela Township contracts to procure electric supply in bulk for residents in unincorporated Ela Township. The average participating Township resident enjoyed savings on their ComEd bills for many years. The Township is now participating in a Green Electric Aggregation Program with Chicago-based MC Squared Energy Services for the first time.
How the Green Electric Aggregation Program Works
Participating residents will be charged exactly the same ComEd rate and will enjoy the added benefit of Green Energy through the purchase of Renewable Energy Certificates (“RECs”) at zero added cost to ratepayers and the Township. To learn how Renewable / Green Energy and RECs work, view this video clip prepared by the United States EPA. Through this program the Township will be designated an EPA Green Power Community.
- Guaranteed at the ComEd rate, with no rate risk of paying more than ComEd
- No hidden fees, no termination fee, flexibility to join or leave the program
- The Township earns designation as a US EPA Green Power Community, at zero cost to you
- Residents’ power consumption is offset by Green Energy generated from renewable generation sources located in the Midwest, for zero cost
- The Township’s Carbon footprint will be reduced
No one from MC Squared, ComEd, or the Township will ever visit your home or call you to enroll. If a solicitor claims to be the Township supplier, MC Squared, or ComEd, take their information and report the incident to the ICC. Never reveal your ComEd account number or allow a solicitor to view your ComEd bill unless you are certain you wish to enroll with that supplier and have read all terms and conditions.