The Assessor oversees all department needs along with the daily department operations. This position responds to and interacts with residents, employees and/or others within and outside the organization in a professional and effective manner. Normal business hours are Monday to Thursday, 8 AM to 5 PM, and Friday, 8 AM to 1 PM.
- Directly oversees all Assessor Department staff;
- Plans, administers, and provides overall supervision of all department appraisal work for assessment purposes;
- Conducts commercial and industrial valuations
- Oversees department public relations – government and public;
- Hires, trains, and evaluates all department staff;
- Oversees education and certification requirements for all department staff;
- Prepares annual department budget and oversees administrative office functions;
- Set standards for office assessment policies;
- Oversee technology of department staff;
- Reviews and approves department staff timesheets for biweekly payroll and PTO and sick days;
- Oversee department office needs; and
- Maintain CIAO Certification.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent;
- CIAO Certification; and
- Experience working for a local government organization (e.g. municipality, township, and/or county).
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
Work is performed in an indoor office environment. Staff may be required to work outside of normal hours of operation at times depending on the needs of the department. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional operation of a motor vehicle. There may also be occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling and lifting/moving objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
Any questions should be directed to Township Manager Ted Marciniak. The deadline for interested applicants is June 16, 2023, and selected candidates will be interviewed on June 28, 2023. Interested applicants should email their letter of interest and resume to Township Manager Marciniak.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org