Under the direction of the Assessor and Chief Deputy Assessor, the Clerk-Field Inspector provides assessment information and real estate tax-related assistance to Township residents and general public.
· Assist homeowners at front counter and incoming calls;
· Assist homeowners by entering General Homestead, Senior Homestead, Senior Freeze, Disabled Persons, and Veterans Disabled exemptions;
· Review evidence submitted for all recent residential appeals, send offers via email to the homeowners/representatives;
· Provide residents and/or municipalities with property ownership information for zoning hearings;
· Fax Address Changes/Name changes to county office;
· Accept new permit reports from all municipalities – print and prepare permit field reports for field visits;
· Communicate with building and zoning departments for permit related inquiries, paperwork, questions and follow ups;
· Perform field inspections of properties on a needed basis, providing photos, notes and measurements, while comparing/updating property information cards when in the field or in the computer system;
· Coordinate all paperwork related to the annual assessment appeals, printing all appeals and supporting evidence, filing in appropriate order and organizing appeal hearing dates;
· File all processed appeals and property files;
· Complete special projects as required by the Assessor’s office;
· Be able to walk and stand for long periods of time when performing inspections, occasionally in inclement weather.
· High school degree required. Minimum of two years office experience. Computer experience required, including Microsoft Office applications. Community involvement and/or knowledge of construction practices is a plus;
· Must be a highly organized and motivated individual;
· Must be able to work effectively with all department personnel;
· Must have good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; and
· Must pass an employment background check.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and to work independently;
· Ability to work well with community members and a variety of individuals;
· Ability to agree and commit to taking required classes through the Illinois Property Assessment Institute and the Illinois Department of Revenue to obtain CIAO designation within a time frame established by Ela Township Assessor;
· Experience and/or education in the field of residential/commercial real estate or construction management desired.
Note: Position will remain open until filled.
Ela Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com