Under the supervision of the Community Programs Director, this position is responsible for coordinating the operations of the Senior Nutrition Program. Prepares and serves meals daily to senior residents of Ela Township. Ensures meal quality, freshness, and safety. Additional duties include developing monthly program menus that meet required nutritional guidelines, and shopping for food supplies on a weekly basis. Maintains an inventory of all food and program related supplies. Performs other duties as required for the successful operation of the Senior Nutrition Program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates all aspects of the Ela Township Senior Nutrition program.
- Prepares high quality meals daily, utilizing standardized recipes of your own or obtaining off the internet, while ensuring the use of fresh, quality ingredients and strict adherence to production standards and menu cycles.
- Procures all food and cooking supplies to ensure adequate levels of meals are available for seniors.
- Ensures all Senior Nutrition Program personnel and volunteers adhere to sanitation procedures set out by the Illinois Department of Public Health, Lake County, the Village of Lake Zurich, and the Ela Township Senior Center in order to maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen environment at all times.
- Coordinates internal and external catering activities as instructed.
- Maintains all logs and records as required.
- Conducts regular inventories of all supplies and prepares reports for the Director of Community Programs.
- Maintains and organizes food stocks in freezers, storage areas, and refrigerators in order to minimize waste.
- Ensures that all food stocks are properly labeled, dated, and appropriately stored.
- Develops monthly menus meeting required minimum nutrition standards.
- Prepares, implements, and monitors annual program budget and expenditures.
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates Nutrition Program staff and volunteers.
- Monitors food temperature to ensure required safety standards are upheld.
- Perform regular evaluations of the program according to standards approved by Community Programs Director .
- Coordinate and perform regular reporting for the Nutrition Program performance measurement outcomes.
- Attends meetings and various training seminars and conferences as required.
Other Job Functions:
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Director of Community Programs.
- Ability to work autonomously, identify and resolve issues in a timely manner and effectively prioritize work activities.
- Skill to follow standardized recipes and operate kitchen equipment.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and safety procedures.
- Skill to identify and manage multiple projects, programs, and services in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ability to work with mature adults who may have limitations of hearing eyesight, mobility, and cognitive impairment.
- Ability to read, comprehend, listen to, and follow basic verbal or written instructions and provide appropriate feedback.
- Ability to read, comprehend and/or create routine correspondence and memos using proper spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure.
- Ability to effectively convey information one-on-one or to small groups of employees or customers.
- Ability to maintain effective professional relationships with elected officials, staff, residents and vendors.
- Ability to enjoy the company of mature adults and understand the generational gaps and differences.
Education, Experience, and Computer Skills:
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) equivalent.
- One to two years of experience in food services related work with kitchen management experience preferred.
- Must have or be willing to obtain Food Safety and Sanitation Certificate.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and/or weekends as needed for larger events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to sit, walk, stand, use fingers in a repetitive motion, twist and turn for long periods of time.
- The position may require some moderate lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying of up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with reasonable accommodations.
- This position is primarily executed indoors. However, it may require contact with outdoor weather at special event activity participation.
- Contact with low noise levels common in an indoor working environment. Moderate noise levels may be experienced during certain activities.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to Susan Dillon, Community Programs Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com