The School Age Child Care Worker helps to implement high quality programs and activities for children and adolescents participating in Ela Township’s Youth Program. This position will provide support to the School Age Child Care Coordinator through direct service in supplemental education programs for kids in need as well as alternative after-school activities, such as sports, arts, or recreation programs, that provide a safe, nurturing, and productive environment. Regular attendance and punctuality at the workplace are required. Hours may vary depending on workload or scheduled meetings.
- Act as a role model through positive interaction and supervision of school age children (grades K-8) through games, crafts, homework help and other planned group activities;
- Apply basic youth development principles in working with youth through communication, relationship development, and respect for diversity, involvement and empowerment of youth;
- Follow and uphold all safety and security rules and procedures; and
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- High school education and/or diploma; and
- Must pass an employment background check and/or drug testing.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee. It is used as a guide for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org