The Ela Township bus services Ela Township residents who are 55 and older and those with disabilities who are in need of transportation related to shopping, errands, various appointments, etc. Our service area is limited to Ela Township boundaries with the exception of the Barrington Train Station, Good Shepherd Hospital, and the doctors offices in the surrounding area. All rides must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Bus fare is $2.00 per rider for a one-way trip, $4.00 round trip, and riders may request one additional stop for $1.00 more. Riders must have exact money; drivers cannot make change. To schedule a ride call (847)438-6677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bus service hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Ela Township’s bus service starts at 8:30 a.m. for rides with no appointment time (grocery store, community center, etc.). All riders must be ready and waiting for the bus one hour prior to their pick-up time. We cannot specify or accommodate exact pick up times. All appointments (doctor, dentist, hair, etc.) should be scheduled after 9:30 a.m. and no later than 1:30 p.m. All riders must be back on the bus by 3:30 p.m.
- Bus rides should be scheduled 24 hours in advance as we cannot accommodate same day reservations. Rides cannot be scheduled or modified after 1:00 p.m. on the day prior to the reservation unless it is to cancel the reservation. Riders are advised to make a reservation as soon as possible to ensure that their trip can be accommodated.
- The bus reservation line is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Next day appointments must be requested no later than 12:30 p.m. on the day before your scheduled ride.
- Please watch for the bus, as the driver can only wait five minutes at each stop. Drivers cannot leave the bus to ring your doorbell. Riders are picked up and dropped off at the end of their driveway. Buses do not go up into driveways.
- Drivers cannot leave the bus to deliver grocery bags. All shoppers should limit their number of bags to the most they can carry comfortably. Drivers cannot assist riders on and off the bus or help them from the bus indoors.