Ela Township facilities are open to the public from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Thursday, and from 8:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. on Friday.  Masks are optional for all visitors and staff regardless of vaccination status.  For more information and resources on Covid-19, please click here.

FAQ Topic: Resident Services

Does Ela Township offer a lending closet?

The Ela Township Community Family Services department has a vast lending closet available to Township residents full of gently used equipment. Click here for more information.

Who is eligible for Ela 55+ Programs and activities?

All Ela Township residents over the age of 55 may sign up to become a member to participate in activities and receive our quarterly newsletter for free. Any individuals over the age of 55 that reside outside of the township may pay an annual fee of $35 to participate in activities and receive our quarterly … Continued

Where do the Senior programs take place?

All classes and activities for our Ela 55+ programming take place at the Ela Township Community Center (except for Day Trips, Long Distance Trips, and offsite programming)

What volunteering options do you offer?

We offer year round volunteering opportunities. You can help K-5th graders with school work at our Homework Club, or become a volunteer summer camp counselor in training. Be sure to check out our Youth Volunteering Opportunities page for more details, dates, and times!

Where do the Youth programs take place?

With the exception of Teen Club and Summer Camp, all of the Youth programs take place at the Ela Township Community Center. Teen Club takes place at the Foglia YMCA, and Summer Camp is run out of Knox Park.

What items can be recycled?

Check with your waste hauler for specific recycling information included with your refuse service. Ela Township offers several facilities for recycling items such as textiles, batteries, lightbulbs, etc.  For more information visit our recycling page.

How do I dispose of paints and chemicals?

Paint and chemicals can be disposed of by contacting SWALCO (Solid Waste Agency of Lake County.  Swalco offers various mobile events throughout the year, or you can make an appointment and bring recyclables to their facility in Gurnee, IL.  For more information, visit their website at www.swalco.org.  

Close window