New voter? Change of address? Are you an out of town student or snowbird? Come to the Ela Township Supervisor’s and Clerk’s Office located at Ela Town Hall and we will assist you with filling out a registration card or other applicable forms and mail it to Lake County for you. You can also update your voter registration information, view your voter information, and register to vote by mail by visiting the Lake County Clerk’s Voter Power page for registered voters.
Who Can Register?
To register to vote you must:
- Be a United States citizen,
- Be at least 18 years of age on or before the next election (17 year old residents may register and vote in primaries if 18th birthday occurs on or before date of the next general or consolidated election),
- Live in your election precinct at least 30 days immediately prior to an election,
- Not be convicted and in jail, and
- Not claim the right to vote anywhere else.
Two forms of identification are required to register through a deputy registrar, both showing current name and one showing current physical Lake County street address. Please call (847) 438-7823 to make an appointment.
Office of the Lake County Clerk, Lake County, IL – Voter Services